The room to the right of the entry vestibule (shown above) was originally used as the parlor. This was a favorite of Mrs. Carson. The pastel colors are a theme found throughout the house and perfectly match her French bisque figurines that adorn the onyx fireplace. Above the onyx fireplace hangs a large mirror with a gold-gilt frame. The intricate ceiling painting is based on a ceiling design that was originally painted on a canvas that covered this ceiling. The polychrome of the cornice is a defining feature of this room.
There have been several refurbishments over the years. Originally, when the Carsons built the house, they were in their later years. Their children were grown and the décor was not as extravagant as one might expect. The first refurbishment happened when the Carsons’ son John Milton Carson and his wife Mary Bell moved into the house. The house had further renovation in 1941, when Sarah Bell La Boyteaux, the daughter of John Milton Carson, took over the house.
After the sale of the house in 1950 to the Ingomar Club, the house had further renovations and the additions of a spacious dining room and bar. It is now in a constant state of upkeep and preservation thanks to the stewardship of the Ingomar Club members.